Monday, November 12, 2012

Jousting Tournament: Prepare to Defend Yourself



Welcome! Good Queen Mary Pax has invited us to spend the week making merry at the first ever online jousting tournament in honor of her new release, The Renaissance of Hetty Locklear. Ready thyself to cheer for thy favorite knight.

Who might that be, ye ask?

Why me, o' course - Stormy Knight!

How does it work, says you?

By cheering for me, says I!

I am the Stormy Knight!

During the week of the tournament, November 12-17, you go over to Queen Mary's blog and cheer loud and clear, “I cheer for The Stormy Knight” in the comments. For each person posting for me, I’ll receive one point. For extra points, mention the Renaissance word "wherefore" in your comment, such as I’m here for Stormy Knight. Wherefore art the other knights trembling in fear?

For each day you comment, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a free ebook of The Renaissance of Hetty Locklear. Tell all your friends. Win me the championship! Win a book! Huzzah!

To the other Knights - bring your lance and shield, and prepare to defend yourselves until death - or until someone wins the brownies! Huzzah!

And now, to share the real booty!

A New Adult Urban Fantasy, The Renaissance of Hetty Locklear is the first book in a new series. And it’s now out! The main character, Hetty, is a twenty-two-year-old, stumbling about in an effort to become a full-fledged adult. She struggles with self-esteem, weight, relationships, and making the transition between college and the real world.

Graduation from community college isn’t the magic elixir Hetty Locklear counts on for becoming an adult. Her parents, who work the Renaissance fair circuit, insist she spend part of the summer with them. Hetty doubts pretending to live in the Middle Ages will help her find her way.

To make it worse, an entity haunts her at her dead-end job, warning her of a dangerous man she doesn’t know. The ghost leads her to a lover who has a lot of secrets. He pulls her farther into peril and into a strange, hidden world of genetic experimentation.

New Adult Urban Fantasy with a contemporary sci-fi twist. Mature content.

Available as an ebook at Amazon / Amazon UK / Smashwords / iTunes / Kobo
(B&N is coming – visit www.mpaxauthor.com for other links)


13 comments:

  1. I'll champion you tomorrow! Sorry, this morning I only knew who one of the knights was, so I championed her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for MP! Awesome concept for a blogfest, too. :-)

    Heading over to cast my lot with Stormy Knight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EJ, you threw in your lot with the best Champion!

      Delete
  3. Great to see this book promoted on so many blogs. Great success to it. By the way, gave you a mention in my blog today-- thanks for the contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I championed another knight this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stormy Knight. We jousteth with our pointy jousting sticks on the field. Is this fun or what loL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot Stormy! I'm rooting for ya!

    Thanks for participating in the joust. Try not to poke each other in the eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Highness, even virtual lances can be dangerous! But this is for some major booty so it's a fight to the finish!

      Delete
  7. Stormy Knight - watch where you put that sticker/pointy thing!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You left a comment! I love comments.